Dec 20, 2017
Thank you for your participation in the 2017 Fall Block PARCC Assessments.
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Rejected Student Test Alerts
- Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Verifying the Responsible District and School
- Fall Block: Deadline to Return Testing Materials
- PARCC Customer Support Center: Holiday Closure Information
Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Rejected Student Test Alerts
Rejected Student Test Alerts are created when a scanned paper-based student test cannot be matched to a current student record in PearsonAccessnext. To perform the clean-up required for these Rejected Student Test Alerts, users must have the Rejected Student Test role.
For additional information on resolving Rejected Student Test Attempts and data clean-up, refer to:
- Document: Data Clean Up for Rejected Student Tests Fall 2017
- Modules: Rejected Student Tests Training Module
- For Additional assistance, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CST) or use the web form Contact PARCC Support.
Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Verifying the Responsible District and School
The Responsible District and School/Institution fields (Reporting Organizations) should be populated if the Reporting District and School is different than the Testing District and School. If this field is left blank, it is assumed the Testing District is also the Reporting District. A validation must be performed to ensure the Reporting District and School organizations exist within PearsonAccessnext. Users will need to correct incorrect organization codes on student records.
Note: Please contact your state if you need to create a new organization.
To perform this task, users must have the following add-on roles: Sensitive Data Add-on Role and Student Test Update Add-on Role. If you have questions, follow your state policy for contacting the LEA or State.
First, run the Students where Responsible District/School is different from Testing District/School Operational Report from the Students & Registration Operational Report menu to determine which students will need to be edited. Then, follow these steps if the organization code was entered incorrect on the student record:
Via User Interface:
- Go to Setup > Students.
- Search for and select the student(s).
- Under the Tasks drop-down menu, select Register Students and click Start.
- On the Register Students screen, update the editable fields and select Save.
Via Student Registration File: Instructions for importing a Student Registration File can be found in the Student Registration File Field Definition document located on the secure Support > Documentation page on PearsonAccessnext.
Via Student Test Update File: Instructions for importing a Student Test Update File can be found in the Student Test Update File Field Definition document located on the secure Support > Documentation page on PearsonAccessnext.
For additional information on verifying the Responsible District and School, refer to:
- Document: Verifying the Responsible District and School
- Training Module: Responsible District and School Codes
Test Coordinator Deadline: Return Testing Materials Promptly within One Week of Testing Completion
All secure paper-based testing materials must be returned to Pearson within one week of testing completion. A timely return is required in order to keep scoring on schedule so that reports are released on time. Please return the following:
- Scorable test booklets and answer documents contain a hand-gridded student demographic data.
- Nonscorable secure material includes ALL unused and ALL used test booklets including, regular version, Braille, Spanish and large print test booklets.
- Nonscorable secure material includes ALL test administrator read-aloud kits.
If you need more return materials, an Additional Order can be placed on the Setup > Orders & Shipment Tracking screen in PearsonAccessnext. Your return materials should arrive within 4-5 days of the Additional Order approval. Required return materials include:
- Paper bands
- Scorable Materials Return School Headers
- Note: Header sheets cannot be photocopied.
- Scorable return labels
- Nonscorable return labels
- UPS return labels for scorable materials
- UPS return labels for nonscorable materials
Additional resources to assist with returning paper-based testing materials:
Documents: PARCC Fall 2017 Test Coordinator Manual
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or use the web form Contact PARCC Support.
**Do not include any student’s personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.