Apr 24, 2018
April 24, 2018
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding the Spring 2018 Administration:
- Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: Critical Warnings & Alerts
- Test Coordinator Task: Rejected Student Test Alerts
- Test Coordinator Task: Verifying the Responsible (Accountable) School Codes
- PARCC Customer Support Center
Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: Critical Warnings & Alerts
PearsonAccessnext will show critical warnings for students who have key demographic information missing. These warnings will NOT prevent a student from testing, but should be resolved before the end of the administration. To view and fix critical warnings, follow these steps:
- Click the red flag in the black PearsonAccessnext banner to reveal a warnings and errors list; then, select either Student Critical Warnings or Student Errors to be taken to Setup > Students, where the appropriate set of student records will be displayed.
- In the list of students, the students with warnings will have an indicator that includes a number, informing you of the number of issues found with that student's record.
- To fix the critical warnings, select the student from the list in Setup > Students and then view the student's registration by selecting Register Students from the task list and clicking Start.
- View and edit the student's registration. The number of warnings are listed at the right, and when you scroll down the page, the issues are highlighted.
- Then, click Save.
For additional information on critical warnings and alerts refer to:
Test Coordinator Task: Rejected Student Test Alerts
Rejected Student Test Alerts are created when a scanned paper-based student test cannot be matched to a current student record in PearsonAccessnext. To perform the clean-up required for these Rejected Student Test Alerts, users must have the Rejected Student Test role.
There are five types of Rejected Student Test Alerts:
- Demographic Mismatch — There is not a student label on a paper-based test booklet/answer document and demographic information (i.e., SSID, Name, DOB, Gender) is either missing or incorrectly gridded, or does not match what is in the alert screen.
Action: Update Student Code*, First Name, Last Name, Date Of Birth, Gender, or Grade fields on the Edit Rejected Student Tests screen. If the data in PearsonAccessnext is wrong, use the Manage Student Tests task to correct the student data. Then, return to the Rejected Student Tests screen to confirm the student error is no longer listed.
- Failed Validations — The student is registered for online testing and a paper-based test booklet/answer document is returned and scanned for the student. If online PNP values are selected in PearsonAccessnext, it will prevent the mode from automatically changing from online to paper. This creates a Failed Validation.
Action: Remove the online PNP values using the PNP file upload process or user interface.
- Multiple Students Found — The student that was gridded on the paper-based test booklet/answer document can be matched to more than one student record in PearsonAccessnext. This happens when the State Student ID is left blank, but other demographic fields were gridded and the information that was gridded can be matched to more than one existing student record.
Action: Fill in the missing demographic information on the Edit Rejected Student Tests screen.
- Org Not Found — The organization that was gridded on the return header sheet does not exist in PearsonAccessnext. All student test booklets/answer documents scanned under the header sheet will appear as Org Not Found.
Action: Add the organization in PearsonAccessnext using the organization file upload process or user interface, and set the organization to participating. To use the organization file upload process, follow the directions in the Organization File Field Definitions and Organization Participation File Field Definitions documents found on PearsonAccessnext at Support > Documentation.
Note: Please contact your state to confirm that you have the role permission to complete this task.
- Student Not Found — The student that was gridded on the paper-based test booklet/answer document cannot be matched to a student in PearsonAccessnext. This happens when all of the demographic fields were left blank, or the information that was gridded can’t be matched to an existing student record or is insufficient to auto-create a student record.
Action: Fill in the missing demographic information on the Edit Rejected Student Tests screen
For additional information on resolving Rejected Student Test Attempts and data clean-up, refer to:
- PearsonAccessnext User’s Guide: Rejected Student Tests Details
Test Coordinator Task: Verifying the Responsible (Accountable) School
The Responsible (Accountable) School field (Reporting Organizations) should be populated if the Reporting School is different than the Testing School. If this field is left blank, it is assumed the Testing District is also the Reporting (Accountable) School. A validation must be performed to ensure the Reporting (Accountable) School organization exist within PearsonAccessnext. Users will need to correct incorrect organization codes on student records.
Note: Please contact your state if you need to create a new organization.
To perform this task, users must have the following add-on roles: Sensitive Data Add-on Role and Student Test Update Add-on Role. If you have questions, follow your state policy for contacting the LEA or State.
First, run the Students where Responsible District/School is different from Testing District/School Operational Report from the Students & Registration Operational Report menu to determine which students will need to be edited. Then, follow these steps if the organization code was entered incorrect on the student record:
Via User Interface:
- Go to Setup > Students.
- Search for and select the student(s).
- Under the Tasks drop-down menu, select Register Students and click Start.
- On the Register Students screen, update the editable fields and select Save.
Via Student Registration File:
Instructions for importing a Student Registration File can be found in the Student Registration File Field Definition document located on the secure Support > Documentation page on PearsonAccessnext.
Via Student Test Update File:
Instructions for importing a Student Test Update File can be found in the Student Test Update File Field Definition document located on the secure Support > Documentation page on PearsonAccessnext.
For additional information on verifying the Responsible District and School, refer to:
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments, the technology setup for online testing, or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or: Contact PARCC Support. **Do not include any student’s personal information
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high-quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
If you have questions regarding state policies, please follow your state protocol on contacting your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
For general information regarding PARCC and the PARCC administrations, please visit the PARCC website at https://parcc-assessment.org/or the PARCC/Pearson Portal at PARCC.Pearson.com.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Delivery Team