Jun 28, 2016
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- Spring 2016 Important Dates
- Test Coordinator Top Ten: What Should I Do this Summer to Prepare for Next Year?
- Test Coordinator Task: Exporting and Archiving Data
- Fall Block 2016 Important Dates Preview
- PARCC Customer Support Center Information
Spring 2016 Important Dates
*Please remember that these are the dates/date ranges available to the entire consortium. For additional information, please see your state’s specific “Spring Key Dates” located in Appendix C of the Spring Test Coordinator Manual.
|Rejected Student Test Attempts Resolution in PearsonAccessnext||Begins 3/30/16|
|Summative File Clean Up in PearsonAccessnext||Refer to your state's Spring Key Dates|
|Final Summative File approval||7/15/16|
|Printed ISRs Delivered in District||8/4/16-TBD*|
*Although this is the date/date range available to the entire consortium, please see your state’s specific “Key Dates” document for additional information.
Test Coordinator Top Ten: What Should I do this Summer to Prepare for Next Year?
If you have access to PearsonAccessnext this summer, you can start preparing for next year’s administrations of the PARCC Assessment. Here are some activities you can complete to get you started on the right foot this fall:
- If you have the correct user role, remove users who will not be interacting with PearsonAccessnext next year, for example, Test Administrators who have left your district.
- Confirm organization information: address and contact information.
- Review the 2015-2016 administration and identify areas where you were successful and where you need improvement.
- Give your technology a tune-up: optimize your devices, purge cached test content, and review technical specifications for online testing. Also, watch for Technology Bulletins throughout the summer. They will have important information about upcoming technology releases.
- Recycle the Test Coordinator and Test Administrator manuals.
- Review your training plan: what worked well, where did your staff need additional training? What can you do for next year to make testing a good experience?
- Develop a plan for receiving Individual Student Reports, school-level, and district-level reports. Who has access to these and how will they be distributed.
- If you have the correct user role, export student registration data for use next year. Although there will be a new SR/PNP layout, there are many fields which will remain the same.
- Prepare your User File for next year. You will not be able to upload it just yet, but you’ll be ready for when the administration is active in PearsonAccessnext.
- Determine how you will use data from score reports.
Test Coordinator Task: Exporting and Archiving Data
PIf you are planning to export and archive this year’s data from PearsonAccessnext, please follow these instructions:
- From Setup > Import / Export Data, open the task list and select Import / Export Data and click Start.
- Select the type of file you wish to export. You should select a type with Export in the name.
- Click Process to begin exporting the file. After you export a file, you will see it listed at Setup > Import / Export Data. Select the file(s) you want from the list.
- Open the task list and select View File Details and click Start.
- View listed details about the file(s). If you selected more than one file, then select the file you wish to download from the Files list on the left. Select Download File.
Additional resources to assist with with exporting and archiving data:
Please remember that after 180 days of inactivity, your password for PearsonAccessnext will no longer be valid.
Fall Block Important Dates Preview*
*These dates are approximations and are subject to change.
|Load Organizations, Users, and SR/PNP files in PearsonAccessnext
(for initial materials order)
|State SR/PNP Validation||10/10/16–10/14/16|
|Infrastructure Trial open||8/15/16|
|Initial Materials Due in District||Two weeks before testing begins|
|Proctor Caching available||Two weeks before testing begins|
|PARCC Fall/Winter Block Testing Window**||11/14/16–1/27/17 (CBT) and 11/14/16–1/6/17 (PBT)|
|Security processing may begin as early as||12/5/16|
|Deadline to return scorable materials to Pearson||1/13/17|
|Rejected Student Test Attempts Resolution in PearsonAccessnext||12/5/16–1/27/17|
**Although this is the date/date range available to the entire consortium, please see your state’s specific “Key Dates” document for additional information.
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or PARCC@support.pearson.com. **Do not include any student’s personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Customer Service FAQs in the footer of the PARCC/Pearson Portal. If you have questions regarding state policies, please contact your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Team