Sep 20, 2016
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 Fall Block PARCC Assessments. This is the first Administrative Bulletin that you will receive as you prepare for Fall Block Testing.
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- What’s New for 2016-2017?
- Test Coordinator Information: Materials Order Information
- Test Coordinator Task: Import Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP) Files
- Test Coordinator Information: Pre-Administration Checklist
- News: PearsonAccessnext Password
- News: Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual, 5th Edition
- News: Fall Block Test Administration Manuals Available
- PARCC Customer Support Center Information
What’s New for 2016-2017?
|For computer-based testing, School Test Coordinators will need to take a new step called “prepare” sessions in PearsonAccessnext before test sessions can be started.||Section on 3.2 of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
|For paper-based testing, schools will no longer need to match the form number of test booklets and answer documents. For accommodated testing, use the accommodated test materials that were shipped in the accommodation kit.||Section on 3.1 of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
|Test booklets and answer documents will be packaged in packs of five.||Section on 3.1 of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
|Materials must be shipped within business five days of the LEA testing end date.||Section on 5.2.4 of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
|The accommodation for use of calculators policy has been clarified and updated.||Section on 5.2.4 of the What's New in the AF and A Manual|
|The process to transfer students between LEAs/districts within a state has changed.||Section 4.1.6 and 4.2.5, of the PearsonAccessnext User Guide|
|Beginning spring 2017, some states are transitioning to Unified English Braille (UEB). See Appendix C for your state’s policy and transition plan.||Section 6.2 and Appendix C of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
|For fall block testing ONLY: Students registered for paper-based testing will need ALL test materials ordered through the additional orders process, including test administration manuals. Any schools using computer-based tests will automatically be shipped any test materials needed. No automatic shipments for paper-based testing will be generated (except for the above noted materials) and no pre-ID labels will be provided for the fall block. Paper-based answer documents will need to be hand-gridded.||Sections 3.2.1, 3.10, 5.2.3 of the Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)|
Test Coordinator Information: Materials Orders
Computer-based testing: If your students are completing the assessments using computer-based testing, accessibility features and accommodations are assigned through the SR/PNP; Human Reader Test Scripts, Tactile Graphics Supplements (for use with Assistive Technology), Test Coordinator Manuals, and Test Administrator Manuals will be auto-ordered and shipped to your district if you meet your state’s registration deadline. After the deadline, you will need to place an additional order to receive manuals, Human Reader Test Scripts, and Tactile Graphic Supplements.
Paper-based testing: For students using paper-based testing to complete the Fall Block PARCC assessments, all material (including manuals) will need to ordered when the order window begins in your state. You will not receive pre-printed student ID labels, so answer documents and header sheets will need to be hand-gridded.
Additional resources to assist Test Coordinators with this:
- Documents: PearsonAccessnext Online User Guide: Manage Orders for Materials, Checklists (Before, During, and After Testing), Preparing for PARCC Assessments, Test Coordinator Manual
- Training Modules: Welcome to PearsonAccessnext, Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP), Orders Shipment and Tracking
Test Coordinator Task: Import Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP) Files
The PARCC Fall 2016 Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP) Field Definitions and PARCC Fall 2016 Student Registration PNP Template have been posted to the support documentation page of PearsonAccessnext. You will want to review these prior to uploading your fall SR/PNP.
Additional resources to assist Test Coordinators with this task:
- Documents: PearsonAccessnext Online User Guide: Import and Export Data, Operational Report Guidance, Checklists (Before, During, and After Testing), Preparing for PARCC Assessments, Test Coordinator Manual
- Training Modules: Welcome to PearsonAccessnext, Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP)
Test Coordinator Information: Pre-Administration Checklist
A complete checklist for Test Coordinators can be found on page 12 of the Test Coordinator manual.
- Confirm that the computers you will use for testing meet the stated System Requirements for PearsonAccessnext.
- Learn the System Basics.
- Learn how to Import and Export Data.
Set Up Organizations and Users
- Create and Edit Organizations.
- Manage Contacts.
- Manage Participation in Test Administrations.
- Create and Edit User Accounts. Please see the User File Field Definitions Document and the User Role Matrix on the secure support page of PearsonAccessnext.
Prepare for Testing
- Create and Edit Student Records.
- Create and Manage Groups.
- Register Students in a Test Administration.
- Manage Student or Group Test Assignments.
News: PearsonAccessnext Password
Please remember that after 180 days of inactivity, your password for PearsonAccessnext will no longer be valid.
News: Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual, 5th Edition
The fifth edition of the Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual and all appendices are now available for download on PARCC.Pearson.com and on Avocet. If you are interested in learning about how Accessibility Features and Accommodations have changed from last year’s administration, please review the What’s New document.
News: Test Administration Manuals Available
The Test Administration Manuals have been posted to Avocet and are available to download. Included in this posting are the following:
- 2016–2017 Fall Block/Spring Administration Computer-Based & Paper-Based Testing Math & English Language Arts/Literacy Test Coordinator Manual
- 2016 Fall Block Computer-Based Testing High School Math & English Language Arts/Literacy Test Administrator Manual
- 2016 Fall Block Paper-Based Testing High School Math & English Language Arts/Literacy Test Administrator Manual
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or PARCC@support.pearson.com. **Do not include any student’s personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Customer Service FAQs in the footer of the PARCC/Pearson Portal. If you have questions regarding state policies, please contact your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Team