Nov 1, 2016
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 Fall Block PARCC Assessments.
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- Test Coordinator Information: Additional Orders Procedures
- Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: User Account Error Messages
- Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: Students in Sessions
- Test Administrator Information: Test Security
- PARCC Customer Support Center Information
Test Coordinator Information: Additional Orders Procedures and Fall Block Paper-Based Based Test Material Orders
Computer-based testing: If your students are completing the assessments using computer-based testing, accessibility features and accommodations are assigned through the SR/PNP; Human Reader Test Scripts, Tactile Graphics Supplements (for use with Assistive Technology), Test Coordinator Manuals, and Test Administrator Manuals will be auto-ordered and shipped to your district if you meet your state’s registration deadline. After the deadline, you will need to place an additional order to receive manuals, Human Reader Test Scripts, and Tactile Graphic Supplements.
Paper-based testing: For students using paper-based testing to complete the Fall Block PARCC assessments, all materials (including manuals) will need to be ordered when the order window begins in your state. You will not receive pre-printed student ID labels, so answer documents and header sheets will need to be hand-gridded.
Steps to place an Additional Order:
- Under Setup, select Orders and Shipment Tracking.
- Use the Find Orders Placed or Updated in drop-down menu to choose a time window and click Search.
- To view an order’s details click the blue “i” next to the order number listed in the Order # column.
- The order details screen will appear. Click on the Materials Order tab for a list of materials being shipped to your organization.
Test booklets and answer documents are packaged in groups of 5, but ordered on a one-to-one basis. If you need to order 7 test booklets or answer documents, enter 7 for the quantity and PearsonAccessnext will compute the number of test booklets or answer documents to ship.
Note: Human Reader Kits contain 2 test booklets and 1 answer document. This is not an error. One test booklet is to be used by the Test Administrator to read aloud to the student.
Additional resources for additional orders:
- Document: Additional Orders Procedures
Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: User Account Error Messages
What error message have you received?
A. “The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic or you are locked out.” B. “User has not yet been created in this website and therefore does not yet have assigned authorization privileges.”
For A: This is message is received because your username or password is being entered incorrectly, or your password has expired.
- Verify your username.
- If your username is correct, the user may be entering an incorrect password or the password expired. Please click the link to reset your password.
For B: This error is received if you have an account, but do not have access, or your access was restricted (disabled, deleted, or your active dates have passed).
- Verify the site you are trying access (live/blue or training/brown). Note: Like roles and organization assignments, disabled, deleted, active dates are site specific.
- If you are in the correct site and are unable to log in, it is likely that you have not been given access to the site. If you are a Test Administrator, you will need to contact your school or district Test Coordinator for assistance. If you are a district Test Coordinator, please contact your state for assistance.
Tips for a Test Coordinator activating or reactivating accounts:
- After locating the user, select the information icon next to or below the user name. Verify the following information (see screen shot below):
- Active Begin Date: If populated, user will not be able to login before the date value.
- Active End Date: If populated, user will not be able to login after the date value.
- Disabled Date (Disabled flag): If populated, user will not be able to login.
- Delete Date (delete flag): If populated, user will not be able to login.
Note: A user can have all four of these fields populated. It is important to determine which field(s) are preventing access. For example, if the user has an active end date set to 1/1/2016 and is disabled. Re-enabling the user alone will not restore access, the active end date will also need to be updated to a future date or removed before the user can login in.
|What is the lock out number setting for incorrect passwords?||5 incorrect password attempts without valid attempt|
|What is the number of days prior to pending password expiration email notification?||7 days|
|What is the number of days for password auto-expiration?||180 days|
|What is the number of days the user account can be inactive before it is disabled?||240 days with no activity from the last successful login date|
|What is the number of days for a user account to be inactive before it is placed in deleted status?||390 days with no activity from the last successful login date|
###Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Information: Students in Sessions
Once a test session has been started, Test Coordinators and Test Administrators will have the ability to lock and unlock individual units of the test. This feature adds enhanced security to PARCC testing, ensuring students are only able to take the unit being administered. Only one unit may be unlocked for each student at a time.
Units may be locked/unlocked for the entire test session using the sliders or for individual students using the test status drop-down. With the ability to open various units for students within a session, Test Coordinators now have greater control of out-of-order testing for make-up testing.
Additional resources for Students in Sessions:
- Documents: Starting Test Sessions, Locking/Unlocking Units, and Resuming Tests Guidance; Make-Up Testing Directions for Computer-Based Testing; Assigning Test Sessions and Student Classes
- Training Modules: Students in Session, Make-Up Testing/Undo Student Test Submissions
Test Coordinator and Administration Information: Maintain Test Security
The administration of the PARCC assessment is a secure testing event. Maintaining the security of test materials before, during, and after the test administration is crucial to obtaining valid and reliable results. School Test Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that all personnel with authorized access to secure materials are trained in and subsequently act in accordance with all security requirements.
Districts and schools will receive materials two weeks prior to the start of their administration. All secure materials must be kept in locked, central storage. All movement of the materials should be tracked using the chain-of-custody form (or tracking log). Refer to Section 2.0 of the Test Coordinator Manual for complete security information.
Additional resources to assist with maintaining Test Security:
- Documents: Test Coordinator Manual, Security Agreement
- Training Modules: Test Coordinator Training Modules, Test Administrator Training Modules
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or PARCC@support.pearson.com. **Do not include any student’s personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Customer Service FAQs in the footer of the PARCC/Pearson Portal. If you have questions regarding state policies, please contact your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Team