Nov 15, 2016
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 Fall Block PARCC Assessments.
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- News: Accommodation Alert Indicators
- Test Coordinator Task: Undo Test Submissions
- Test Coordinator Information: Make-up Test Sessions
- PARCC Customer Support Center Information
News: Accommodation Alert Indicators
A new feature enabled for the Fall Block 2016 PARCC Assessment is the Accommodation Alert Indicator. Accommodation reminders will appear for select accommodations to remind test coordinators that these accommodations must be documented in an IEP, 504 Plan, or EL Plan.
These reminders will be displayed under a Student Critical Warning in a students record and they cannot be cleared within PearsonAccessnext. The accommodation reminder will appear for the following accommodations:
- Text-to-Speech - For ELA tests only
- Calculation Device and Mathematics Tools
- ELA Constructed Response - Human scribe value only
- Human Reader/Signer - For ELA tests only
- ASL Video For ELA tests only
Test Coordinator Task: Undo Test Submissions
Proctor caching refers to the process by which schools or districts pull down individual student tests in groups from the Pearson Servers and cache (store) the tests locally. Proctor caching generally eases bandwidth requirements because the content will not need to be retrieved externally, but only internally.
Start on the Students in Sessions page:
- Select the check box next to a student record to select the student(s) whose status you wish to update.
- Open the task list and select Undo Student Test Submissions and click Start
- Select the check box next to the student(s) name in the list to confirm your selection(s) and click Undo Submissions. The student will be placed in Exited status, from which you can Resume a test.
Note: Check your state policy for the person responsible to Undo Student Test Submissions. This staff member must have an Irregularity Resolution Add-on Role added to their user account in PearsonAccessnext.
Additional resources to resources to assist with Undoing Test Submissions:
- Documents: PARCC 2016-2017 Test Coordinator Manual, PearsonAccessnext Online User Guide: Undo Student Test Submission
- Training Module: Make-Up Testing/Undo Student Test Submissions Training Module
Test Coordinator Information: Make-up Test Sessions
Students who became ill, had a family emergency, or were not tested on a regular administration date must participate in make-up testing. It is the School Test Coordinators responsibility to develop and coordinate a schedule for make-up tests.
- When scheduling make-up tests, schools should consider that units may have different testing times.
- Make-up tests may be scheduled for any day after the original unit as long as it falls within the testing window.
- It is recommended that a student who missed a unit continue testing with his or her original testing group when he or she returns. The student will then complete the missed unit during make-up testing.
Once make-up students are identified, Test Coordinators should determine whether the students will remain in the original Test Session in PearsonAccessnext or should be moved into a new Make-Up Test Session.
There are benefits and drawbacks to each option:
- If the student remains in the current session:
- This can minimize the number of Test Sessions open at one time within an organization;
- New Student Testing Tickets are not needed. The student may use the same Student Testing Ticket.
- Test Coordinators will not need to set up an additional make-up Test Session.
- Some drawbacks to this option include:
- Test Sessions will remain open until make-up testing is complete, which will require monitoring by the School Test Coordinators until all Sessions are closed; and
- Students within a testing group may have different logout instructions which may cause confusion with the regular administration and make-up administration students.
- If the student is moved into a make-up test session:
- Test Coordinators can more easily track students who require make-up testing through PearsonAccessnext;
- They can stop individual test sessions completed by students who were present and tested on each scheduled day of testing.
- The potential drawbacks to this option are:
- Students will be completing some of the Units with their original testing group, which will require Test Administrator to have multiple Test Sessions open in one room (i.e., the original Test Session and the make-up Test Session); and
- It will be necessary to print and use new Student Testing Tickets.
Additional resources to assist with Make-up Test Sessions:
- Documents: PearsonAccessnext User Guide: Move Students between Online Test Sessions, PearsonAccessnext User Guide: Create an Online Test Session
- Training Module: Make-up Testing/Undo Student Test Submissions Training Module
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearsons PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or PARCC@support.pearson.com. **Do not include any students personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Customer Service FAQs in the footer of the PARCC/Pearson Portal. If you have questions regarding state policies, please contact your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Team