Jan 10, 2017
In this edition of the Administrative Bulletin you will find information regarding:
- Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Returning Secure Materials
- Spring Administration Test Coordinator Task: Before Testing Checklist
- PARCC Customer Support Center Information: Holiday Closure Information
Fall Block Test Coordinator Task: Returning Secure Materials
A pickup of paper-based test materials must be scheduled and completed no later than one week after testing is complete. This includes both scorable and nonscorable materials.
Secure Scorable Materials:
- Used answer documents
- Transcribed answer documents
Secure Nonscorable Materials:
- Unused test booklets
- Unused answer documents
- Used test booklets that have been marked “Do Not Score”
- Used test booklets
- Accommodated test materials provided by PARCC (e.g., large print test booklets, braille test booklets)
- Human Reader scripts
- Tactile graphics
Things to remember:
- Only one school may be packed into a box to ensure all materials are accounted for correctly. Multiple grades and subjects for that school are allowed in a box.
- All test booklets and answer documents requiring transcription must be completed prior to returning them to Pearson.
- For processing, scorable materials must be packaged and shipped separately from nonscorable materials.
- Use a RED scorable materials label for scorable materials.
- Use a PURPLE nonscorable materials label for nonscorable materials.
- All boxes MUST have 2 labels: one for UPS and one colored label for Pearson
If you need more return materials, please place an Additional Order. Your return materials should arrive within 4-5 days of the Additional Order approval. Required return materials include:
- Paper bands
- Scorable Materials Return School Headers
- Scorable return labels
- Nonscorable return labels
- UPS return labels for scorable materials
- UPS return labels for nonscorable materials
Refer to section 5.2.4 of the Test Coordinator Manual and the Shipping Carrier Return Instructions included in the Test Coordinator Kit for instructions on how to properly return materials.
Note: Larger districts may receive a freight Bill of Lading instead of UPS labels in the LEA/District Test Coordinator Kit. There will be separate freight Bills of Lading for scorable and nonscorable test materials.
Additional resources to assist with returning paper-based testing materials:
- Document: PARCC 2016-2017 CBT and PBT Math & English Language Arts-Literacy Test Coordinator Manual
- Training Module: Paper-Based Testing for Test Coordinators
Test Coordinator Task: Rejected Student Test Alerts
Spring Test Coordinator Information: Pre-Administration Checklist A complete checklist for Test Coordinators can be found on page 12 of the Test Coordinator Manual.
- Confirm that the computers you will use for testing meet the stated System Requirements for PearsonAccessnext.
- Learn the System Basics.
- Learn how to Import and Export Data.
Set Up Organizations and Users
- Create and Edit Organizations.
- Manage Contacts.
- Manage Participation in Test Administrations.
- Create and Edit User Accounts. Please see the User File Field Definitions Document and the User Role Matrix on the secure support page of PearsonAccessnext.
Prepare for Testing
- Create and Edit Student Records.
- Create and Manage Groups.
- Register Students in a Test Administration.
- Manage Student or Group Test Assignments.
PARCC Customer Support Center Information
If you have questions regarding the administration of the PARCC assessments or materials required for testing, please contact Pearson’s PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or PARCC@support.pearson.com. **Do not include any student’s personally identifiable information (e.g. name, date of birth) in emails.
Customer Satisfaction Survey: After contacting the call center, please complete the CSAT Survey that you receive via email. These surveys ensure accurate information and high quality service is being provided. Your feedback helps us enhance our customer service training.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Customer Service FAQs in the footer of the PARCC/Pearson Portal. If you have questions regarding state policies, please contact your state PARCC contact for the most current and relevant information.
We appreciate your participation!
Pearson PARCC Program Team